Pages

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Where did all the cute lolita and kawaii blogs go?

I know I don't come here often enough. Especially after I said I'll be posting normally, but after I looked through the blogs I've subscribe too, I see a lot of my favorite blogs haven't been updated in quite a while. That or the person stopped updating and went else where.




Cute doodle where did the kawaii blogs go


It's pretty sad to see any kind of blog just up and leave or is abandoned, I totally understand however, I did the same thing for about 2 years with this blog. It can be hard to keep up with it when life gets in the way. Looking through my list of blogs, a good 75% is either abandoned or lags in updates. Once I got done with the list, I reflected on how sad it is that some of these blogs with great content just fell to the way side. Then looking at my own blog and it's great potential, I haven't been doing all that I can do for myself in that regard. I don't want to be that blog that lags in updates every 6 months, or leave it abandoned for most of it's lifetime. I want to update it normally with content I care about, regardless of the self imposed standards that I put on myself or what I think other's are thinking.

I guess I sort of missed the mark of why I blog in the first place. I do want a big following but at the end of the day I love blogs for it's personality, content and the person that is speaking to me every week, not how popular it might be. The standards, or lack of, I put on other blogs I need to put on myself. I need to enjoy the process more than the result I think I might get. I need to extend my life into my blog than treating this blog as something other than myself in a way. Not in a overly attached way but breathing life into this as I do in anything else I truly care about.

So I have a plan to at least spend an hour each week to posting something on this blog. Other than that I don't want anymore expectations, I just want to do this for pure fun and the enjoyment of having a blog.

So yeah that's where I'm at mentally! If you guys have any cute/kawaii/lolita blogs that you regularly go to please share with me! I will love you forever! 

Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik