Pages

Friday, November 21, 2014

Pixel Art WIPs


tokyo mew love berry wand
Hey everyone!

I’ve so fallen in love with pixel art. I tried it a couple of months ago and it didn’t go so well, so I tried again last week and TOTALLY FELL IN LOVE WITH IT.



I actually started (the 2nd time) by following other easy to do pixel designs then branched out and did my own which was both exciting and nerve-wracking. But I did get a good handle of it and I’m planning to stick to pixel art.

I have no idea what it is, but doing pixel art is so satisfying and fun for me. I tend to be super critical and unyielding because I want everything to look perfect, but with pixel art there is a level of control so that I don’t have to worry about everything looking just so. Things can look a bit wonky because that is the nature with working with pixel art, but when you scale it down it looks fine. It really brought back the fun in art for me in a lot of ways.

I’m posting the two original designs I did. First is a weapon from my fan character, Mew Torte, from the Tokyo Mew mew series and the Love berry wand weapon from the a la mode spin off. 

Enjoy!

pixel art tokyo mew mew










pixel tokyo mew mew art

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik