Pages

Sunday, January 2, 2011

How I learned to follow my dreams

 How to follow your dreams

I was just playing one of my favorite games called pasty passion. Its hard not to be happy when your lining up ingredients to make fanatic looking 2d sweets. I was thinking about how wonderful 2011 is going to be because of all the magic and positively I'm pouring into it but I'm also thinking how I got there. 2010 has been an awesome year but its only because I followed my instincts, changed my attitude, and continued followed my dream.

Despite whatever happened, I never let go to that once small flame that made a world of difference for me. It really showed me that you can achieve anything despite what's going on around you, what people say or believe. I know for a fact that this year will be the best year yet because I learned so much about "chasing" dreams. Its not about chasing them at all because its all inside, you just have to look for those small "stepping stones" to go forward with them.

Before I really held a good grasp of how to achieve my dream I went out of my way to make things happen. Things that I can't even control. I knew I wanted to have my own business, selling things that I made so immediately start checking out similar businesses/ my idols and thinking of ways I can get ahead of the competition. Each business had their own style, identity, and unique products. I would be drooling all over the computer screen because I wanted what they had so bad. I in fact was very jealous and envious too, I can only see where I was at compared to them. 

So to make up for what I thought was having nothing, I try even harder to chase my dream. Which made things harder for myself. There were so many obstacles I felt like I had to get over in a day because I thought it was the only way I can do it. No pain to gain, only hard work can get results but it only burned me out numerous times. Only till I start following advice from some good friends that told me to "relax" and "enjoy life" was when I start seeing results. I still did things that would help me to start a better business for the future but I did it out of joy and not "keeping up with the competition". Not only that but I was much happier with following my dream rather then worried if everything is going to be in my favor because I was going off the beaten path. Once I enjoyed myself and only done things that was fun for me was when the road lit up and I knew the steps that I needed to take. Its like magic when you hear, see and read the exact thing that opens that next stepping stone for you. It never stops either unless you rush ahead of yourself, and believe me I've done that for years.

I know saying "don't work hard" might seem idiotic but it works if you let it. Give it a week or two, just start doing things that really mean something to you and let the other things go. You will see the world change around you and work with you

1 comment:

  1. Didn't know how to contact you! You have won my giveaway prize! :D
    Please contact me on my email:
    sweetandtiny@hotmail.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik