Pages

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

I can't be positive for you


When positivity isn't enough

I can't be positive for you and no one else can be for me either. When your desperate for something to happen whether is to find a job or something as simple as getting that book your really wanted it can hurt when it doesn't happen.

Often when I really want to be there for someone that's in despair there's nothing I can do or say. I think back to the times where I was in the same position and remember how nothing could possibly pick me up. No amount to words could comfort me, all I wanted to do it is be angry, blame, and be by myself. In fact someone saying "its going to get better" only made things worst. I was at rock bottom or so I felt at the time, it was the end of the world and nothing could get better. So now when I see another hurt or in total pain all I can do it be there and let them vent if they chose.

I can't say be positive, things are going to be okay, or even things have been worst. I feel like I'm giving them a rope that they can't reach to get out of the hole that their in. I can't put myself in a state of despair either to lower the rope because it won't help anyone. The one thing I can say is to have faith and keep fighting for the better days. You might not like it but life does move on and the world isn't going to stop on your feet because you're having a bad day. Take the anger, rage, and blame then channel it to move forward so you can see the better days.

There were many times where I had make the decision after a shit load of BS that tomorrow will be a better day. I had to pump myself up and hold on a small pocket of hope and tell MYSELF that things will get better. I probably won't wake up the next day in a perfect world but I can start feeling like I'm worth something. Its better then crawling under a rock and pretending your life is over. Life truly starts with you and how you feel. If you really want to see the better days you got to climb over your negatively and grab hold to whatever good that comes your way. Grab that good, hope, faith, that fighter in you and keep it moving even if things seem like they are not getting any better. Seeing through the eyes of hope and great expectation is better then seeing in "everything bad happens to me" and hardship.

That's why I can't be positive for you, if you can't see the good, I can't take it out my pocket and show it to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik