Pages

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Welcome to the new The New Candy Sanctuary!


Like the new look? Tell me what you think!

All the time (or mostly) that I wasn't here or doing crafts I was working on my new blog design! I should of been done this last year but I got seriously burned out and abandoned anything related to my blog and sweets deco pretty much. But since then things have been getting better and better. I have tons of updates and progresses to tell you starting with the blog design.

Overall the design itself and the time it took altogether (not counting the huge gaps between the work sessions) only took about a week or two. Mostly because I'm new to custom blogs and editing its html so after that huge learning curve things got a lot easier! That and troubling shooting and finding alternatives if a certain method doesn't work. Google is forever your best friend when it comes to blog customization. No matter what the problem is you will find plenty of ways to solve it. Seriously, most of the technical credit goes to the many people that post about blog customization. So my number one tip for anyone wanting to make their own custom blog is to go to Google for all your needs! The graphics and art is made 100% by me in Photoshop and Sai. My fursona on the right was made in Sai to give her a vector look.

If fact I was thinking about opening a commission shop for anyone that wanted a personal drawing or mascot for their blog. I already opened an art shop over at the Latale (an online MMO) forums with some pretty good results. One person wanted two drawings from me. The first part I've already posted here:



The second part I'm 80% done, all I need to do is to fancy up the line art and then I'll be finished! But getting back to my original question, would anyone would be interested in commissions? If you are just comment here and we'll set something up. I'll also ask at the deco den forums to see if anyone would like one there as well. Since I'm done working on the blog design my creative free time has opened up a lot so I can fit more projects.

I'm yet again one step closer to selling my charms, in fact I might make cookie brooches and sell them soon. I listed all the clay and materials that it takes to make some of my most common charms that I like to make out of polymer clay. Even though I want to make so many more items out of polymer clay I got the hang of its measurements so its easy to list down how much it might take to make. I have yet to do this with my paper clay charms but it should be easy. Once I have a decent idea of how much everything will cost I'll be that closer to selling! I've had so much motivation lately that have been helping me 10 fold get all the things that I needed done.

As far as any personal deco den projects I haven't' really done any. I still have to make my headphone deco but its been so cold that I've decided to wait till it got a bit warmer. That and the share kitchen where I do my silicone work is crowded with pots and kitchen wear that I need to clean up. Hopefully though I can find a great time slot where I can do it all in one big session and get it over with. I need more practice with fake whip cream haha.

Okay thanks for reading, I'll make sure I'll post pictures of everything I made so you guys have something to look at. Bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik