Pages

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The Zenkaicon Wrap Up

 "First off I wanted to say that I'm sorry for the long gap between my last post. When I heard about the disaster in Japan I just wasn't in the mood for posting and was feeling really depressed to make a long story short. However after going to my local anime convention I'm feeling 100% better. I still plan post my finished resin charms too after the con posts. Also I never mentioned it here but I was staffing at the anime convention Zenkaicon this past weekend."


Hey all!

Its been 3 days since Zenkaikon and I feel amazing! The con was amazing too and I met many wonderful people!

The first day (Thursday) me and Brandon (my best friend) went to the con since we were apart of staff. We basically started working that day rather then Friday when the con started because people were coming in a day early to get their badges. When we went down stairs to go to the Gofer Op's station we were greeted by the cutest boy cosplaying as the asian spider man. His name was Danny and he ended up volunteering the whole weekend so we saw him a lot. Basically what I did was direct regular gofers (go•fer (gō'fƏr) n. Slang – one who performs minor or menial tasks such as running errands. [Alteration of "go for"]) to places where people needed them. Other departments would call in through walkie talkie and demand ask for them and I would report back if I had some or not. If I did I would tell the gofer/volunteer to go the place they needed to go. I also signed off on their hours, give them food vouchers, check on them and etc. It was pretty fun and I didn't have to do much as far as labor. Saturday was INSANE though, we were expecting more volunteers to come in but NONE SHOWED UP so all the departments were scrambling to get things done. They kept asking for gofers where there wasn't any and if there was they would be sent out immediately.

That same morning I came in earlier and got on break later since it was so crazy. It was all really fun though and the area I was in had a lot of actively so I was entertained for the most part. There were a lot of cosplays, my favorites was the Lightning from FF13, Sue from shugo chara, renamon from digimon, and the pokemon gijinka's. The most memorial part of the day was meeting the lovely Sisero, Giname, and Einlee in the dealers room! I actually talked to Sisero on all three days of the con, Saturday was probably the longest since I was on break. She's the sweetest thing in the world as well as her fiancé Marc! I was really surprised to see them since I only know them on DA and didn't even know who was going to be in the dealers room. So I was really excited to met them since I've been fans of theirs for years. Me and Sisero talked a lot on Saturday and it was really fun and encouraging hearing her personal story. I brought also both volumes of her manga "Sacred" and one of Marcs awesome sailor moon bookmarks. Oh and Brandon was smart enough to have the idea to have her autograph both of her mangas that I got. He even did it for me when they were waiting for the Rose Noir concert. She was totally sweet and excited through the whole thing. I hope I get to met hear at another con soon.

After I talked to her I went and bought stuff and pretty much was DEAD TIRED (being around 6 PM). The funniest thing was the hardest part of the day haven't come yet. When I got back on duty things have calmed down a lot so I was able to relax some. However on the last hour of my shift (my shift ended at 11PM) the person at the info desk ( the info desk was right next to the gofer ops where I was stationed) was gone or was done his/her shift so I was doing that as well. I was pretty much handling two stations, giving people directions, giving out the 18+ wrist bands, and other miscellaneous things. Then within 30 minutes 2 cases of missing items turned up and a seller had to get something really important from the dealer's room which was locked. It was INSANE because Kiwi the head of security was on break for hours. Luckily she just came out of it when all three cases came out of the blue. Oh I almost forgot that Brandon helped me in the insaneness since he was done with his shift (at 10PM). I have no clue what I would do without him haha. At the end two of the three cases ended well.

After that fiasco me and Brandon went to the rave! Brandon stayed about an hour while I was there for 3 hours (2A.M when it was suppose to end). I've once again gotten an ass load of glow sticks and threw them on all over my pants and body. When I was at the rave there was another person who had a chain of glow sticks around her body attached to her arms wrists/hands. While another person had the same shirt as me. The rave was so freaking awesome because there was a SUPER AWESOME CUTE BOY there that me and my friends had hung out with before. He had is chest out (again) which was perfect beyond words. He was dancing a lot and I gave him one of my glow sticks, GOD I FELT SO AWESOME. Then through out most of his time there we would be within each other spaces. It was just.... EPIC. One of the best parts was when I started randomly square dancing with people. It was so much fun even though I had no clue what I was doing at first. We just spun around then went on to the next person haha. I love raves so much, I live to rave. The rave was overall just awesome because everyone was really friendly and open. If my room was big enough I would rave every night and learn liquid dancing. XD

Okay I don't want this post to go any longer since its super long. I must of explained only 30-40% of what happened. I didn't even mentioned the crap bathroom we had after we FINALLY got our own room. The hotel screwed up me and Brandon's room so we had to sleep at in a volunteer's room. She and her son was super sweet though, I couldn't ask for better room mates! EVERYONE had a uber big ass bathtub while we had a pitiful walk in shower for OLD PEOPLE. We also had a toilet with railings on both sides, so it was hard to whip yourself. Its as bad as it sounds, really.

Okay thanks for reading and I'll post all the stuff I got next time! Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik