Pages

Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentines day!


Happy Valentines day my lovies!

As promise I have made some sweet sweet necklaces to celebrate Valentines day. I absolutely LOVE how they came out. The bow on them was a last thought before making them. I was hesitant at first but I'm so glad that I took them to the next level. They are by far my favorite piece so far this year! 

The official Valentines picture from The Candy Sanctuary, effects done in photoshop.


Here are most of the pictures that I took of them this morning. I was concerned because it was really cloudy this morning but it cleared up completely! So I had tons of great lighting to play with in these pictures. 






What I love most about taking and looking at pictures is the "story" behind it and that fairy tale feeling that some really give off. I was trying to capture that in these pictures and I think I've done well. When I was taking them I was thinking of my own fairy tale that these pictures called upon. The story that emerge was a girl that had no love ones or lovers, but cookies all around her during Valentines day. In hopes to get that feeling of closeness and happiness she dress the cookies in bows. Surprisingly, the dressed up sweets looked so good and stunning it made her smile with merriment, making her forget all her troubles. Thus making it one of her favorite holidays where she can make friends with sweets and share them with others to make them smile... I know, cliché as hell but I'm totally digging the story. I have to draw a picture to match it soon. I love stories like that, it just makes my day! I hope I gave some smiles to people with the story as well.









 
I hope you all enjoy this post! I know some of you probably dislike this holiday for obvious reason but I say turn that frown upside down! Believe me, if your pissed at this holiday because of lacking a partner (or whatever your deal is), tomorrow won't change. Because it all starts on the inside and what you project out. If your negative and projecting that out to the world your going to get it back in some way. Just be happy of what you do have and all the love that's available in this world. Love is by far the most versatile emotion because it can apply to just about everything! Plus it can bring you so much positivity in all forms. Spend some time with your love ones even if it is cookies. Its the time for love of all kinds, even yourself! :)

Take care everyone!

4 comments:

  1. You are so sweet! :D I love your cookies and your story! :) And your bows look so proffessional! I thought they are shop bought! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much that means a lot! Haha wow, the bows were really frustrating when adding the middle part but the pain was worth it! I want to make more varieties of them in the future since I got so attached to these. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Did you make the cookies too?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww thank you so much and yes, everything was made by hand but the chain! :D

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik